Friday, February 13, 2009

Good news and Not so good news

First the good news. My training plan has resulted in a 12 pound loss so far with increased strength. All of this in just 5 weeks. My workouts are really going well and I am seeing some real improvement. I am spending a lot of time in the gym however and am struggling with the time spent with my very busy schedule. I really need to work on my time management skills.

Now the not so good news. I am struggling with adding distance to my runs. I cannot seem to get past the 4 mile mark without some real serious struggles. Some of it has to be what I am eating since the carb load of my meals is pretty low. But, it is still frustrating to me that the distance is just not coming along.


ShirleyPerly said...

It very well could be insufficient carbs. I had a body building friend who would go on a very carb-restricted diet before competitions. She lost 5-10 pounds in a matter of weeks and was able to do her strength training routine but could not teach any of her aerobics classes. It was quite a dramatic transformation as usually she was very energetic and a "follow me" type of instructor in classes and just before competition sometimes she'd have to sit on the floor while teaching.

Hope you're able to find a balance that allows you to meet your weight loss and running goals.

Petraruns said...

I'm with Shirley Perly. I too have lost weight recently (not quite so dramatically though). However, I've done it on WeightWatchers which does allow for carbohydrates and have made sure that my carbs are complex - the combination has made my running really strong. Worth considering..