Saturday, December 1, 2007

Time for a change

"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death."
--Anais Nin

It is now time for a new state of being. This winter I have some specific goals that will require that I change my current obsession with running. It will involve a more global approach to my everyday living and exercise. So far, I have not been paying very close attention to my nutrition. I have kind of been watching what I eat, but not very strictly. That is about to change. One of my goals is to reach a goal weight of 195 pounds. That will require about 30 pounds of weight loss. I also want to build my overall strength, specifically my upper body strength. For the first time in my life I am going to engage in weight training.

So, my workouts will consist of weight training, short intense aerobic sessions and just so I can feed my need for running I will be taking a long run (about 5 miles) each week. I want my running fitness to be up to the challenge of running a 10K.

So here goes, tomorrow is a new start to a different state.

4 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds good. Since I've branched out into doing other things besides running, I've been feeling much more satisfied and balanced in life.

Best of luck meeting your goals!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new plan! Sounds like a great route to go. I missed weight training when I got in the thick of my marathon training, so I personally am excited to be back to it, and swimming, with lower running mileage.

I'll be interested to hear your nutrition changes as they come about!

Irish Blue said...

Looks like we're all trying to drop some LBs this year. Good luck with your new fitness plan and nutritional goals.

MarathonChris said...

Sounds like a good plan. I think I will be balancing out my workout routine after my marathon as well. I think its a great plan!!