Sunday, December 3, 2006

Time on Legs - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

6 degrees out, are you kidding me!! I woke up today at 4:30 am only to find it so cold out I did not want to leave my warm heating blanket. But, I dragged myself out for an hour long appointment with the treadmill. The wife, by the way, thinks I am crazy for getting up that early. With work starting at 7 I have to get up early.

In an effort to keep myself motivated I tried something new for me. That is the use of a podcast. I found this great podcast done by Steve Runner of www.steverunner.com. As I listened for the hour the minutes ticked by almost without notice. What a great way to spend my run, listening to this podcast. I will do more of that.

The workout was done at 9:30 mile pace with a slight incline on the treadmill. The goal was to get in a long run at an easy pace. Pretty good run overall. Things are looking up for my training on a treadmill through the cold part of the winter.

More to follow......

No comments: