Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Time on Legs - Hamster

Today began again at 4:30 AM to get to the workout place and get on treadmill. The wife really thinks I am crazy. I hope I can survive the winter this way. I discovered SteveRunner.com and his weekly podcast. What a great way to work through an hour on the treadmill. This week he discussed an article about how middle of the pack runners have ruined marathons. He does an excellent job of defending and advocating those of us who are not "elite" runners.

I spent 60 minutes at a 9:30 pace with a slight incline on the treadmill for today's run. A little sore after. I have discovered that the treadmill uses muscle groups that my road running has not made sore.

I had heard that the average hamster runs 3 miles a day on their excercise wheels. While I comtemplate life on the treadmill I feel somewhat like that little hamster. All of that running and going nowhere.

A guy does have to put in the miles if e wants to keep in shape for the spring race season. it is after all just time on legs.....

No comments: