Monday, March 26, 2007

Time on Legs - Amazing

Yesterday I headed out for my run that started my training week. My weeks are a little strange and begin with Sunday and my long run is on Friday. So, I headed out for a nice leisurely run. The weather was perfect, it was 70F sunny and no wind. The trails were packed with people because of the nice weather. As I started I was thinking about that horrible run I had on Friday. But, I felt pretty good so I just started running. I owed my schedule 5 miles. My first mile was at a 9:30 pace! I could not believe it, this was smoking fast for me and it felt great. I kept up the pace and expected my usual slow down in the middle of this particular route. That did not happen. I watched my Garmin 205's average pace reading creep down as the run continued. By the last mile I was clocking about a 9 minute pace and the average pace was at 9:15.& I was still feeling strong. I took the last .2 mile in a sprint and finished off with a 5 mile time of 46:15 or a 9:13 pace! This was the fastest run I have had since starting up my running over a year ago. What a motivator!!

1 comment:

MarathonChris said...

Great job on the fast pace!! :-) it is always encouraging to see that kind of progress.